Managing Projects in Collect¶
New in version v2021.2.
Starting with Collect v2021.2, Collect can be setup with multiple Projects. Each Project in Collect has its own set of Forms and Settings.
Some examples of scenarios where having more than one project might be useful:
- An enumerator working on different data collection efforts across different servers
- Multiple enumerators using one device for the same data collection project but with different user accounts on the server
- Form designers testing forms on different staging/development servers
Each Project is identified by a name, icon and color. These are then shown in at the top of the Main Menu:
Tapping the Project icon allows you to add, manage, and switch between Projects:
Adding a new Project¶
- Tap the Project icon on the upper right of the Main Menu screen
- Tap Add project
- Scan a QR code or tap Manually add project details to set the server for the new project
If a Project is added with the same URL as an existing one, Collect will warn the user before proceeding. This is to prevent users from accidentally adding the same Project multiple times.